SLIDER

london

Hi Every-one,

it seems an age since I last wrote. I've been cooped up in a convention centre in Glasgow for the past week so there has been precious little time for blogging, photography or shopping. Well from today all that will change.



These photos are from the 3 days I spent in London. I stayed in a lovely little flat in Notting Hill so explored the area a little. St Stephen's Mews were not far away so I stopped by whenever I could because I find mews so charming.



Daylesford Organics was just around the corner. I bought a little something there the day I arrived in London, the only thing I've bought to date.



Portobello Road was a 5 minute walk from home.



On my way to Hackney I stopped by Spitalfields and Shoreditch so I could visit Labour and Wait, one of my favourite stores.



I do have my eye on one of their aprons but I was mindful of my small backpack so will probably get one online once I'm home.


I always make sure I walk to Redchurch Street via Fournier Street. The houses there have a unique character.



I also visited the Chelsea Physic Gardens stopping at the Royal Hospital Chelsea along the way.



It took me 2 tries to find the gardens. On the day I arrived I went to Chelsea but I was a bit too jet lagged to follow directions and got lost. I did however find the hospital.



I wandered through them with my camera. I loved the hospital grounds.



How lucky are those Chelsea Pensioners to live here?



The Chelsea Physic Gardens are just a short walk from the hospital.



The garden is filled with medicinal plants and herbs as well as flowers and of course a statue of Lord Sloane.



These beautiful flowers from the garden adorned the tables in the tea room.



No visit to London is complete without a visit to the Borough Markets.



They have some lovely organic produce for sale.



I did need to feed my soul as well as my tummy so I visited the Victoria and Albert Museum to see the Paul Strand exhibition.



I found this installation in the courtyard.



On my last day in London, there wasn't too much time for reflection as I beetled my way through the streets en route to Liberty. It was a grey old day so I picked my way though puddles.



I always stop by the flower shop Wild at Heart at Liberty for a pop of colour.



Aren't these peonies vibrant?



And of course some delphiniums.



Something a bit more muted. Of course I took load more photos but I hope that gave you all a taste of London.

See you next week with some photos from Glasgow.

Bye for now,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.