SLIDER

the blue mountains

Just before I returned to work, I took a mini break in the Blue Mountains. I stayed at Silvermere, a lovely old fashioned bed and breakfast in Wentworth Falls. The weather was a bit cool and grey, perfect weather for walking.



The guesthouse has beautiful gardens so as soon as I arrived I went for a roam in the garden as I knew bad weather was approaching.



Some of the nooks and crannies in the garden.



The garden has some cool climate plants I just don't see in Sydney.



I also found some spots of colour.



and of course my favourite hydrangeas.



Succulents were a feature of the front garden beds.



and of course the magnificent grandiflora magnolia.



The next day I woke to find the garden and the mountains covered in fog. It cleared a little later in the day so I headed over to Wentworth Falls to do the Overcliff walk.



A view along the walk.



The unique Australian bush.



Putting the blue into the Blue Mountains.



A view of Wentworth Falls, a very popular tourist destination.



After lunch in Leura, I drove over to the Sublime Point Lookout, a place I'd not visited before where I found these gorgeous banksias.



The view from Sublime Point and with those threatening clouds I returned home for the day.

See you all again soon for the last stop on my mini break to the Blue Mountains.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.