SLIDER

orange marmalade bundt cake



I've been in Brisbane the past few weeks and this fancy bundt tin belongs to my Dad. It's a little larger than the tin I use at home so I always have to play around with the recipe to fit the tin. 




Dad loves a good old fashioned butter cake but he doesn't like sweet cakes so when I bake for him I eschew icing and I also reduce the sugar quantity in the recipe a little. With a very sad looking orange and the dregs of a bottle of orange marmalade in the fridge, I decided to make an orange marmalade bundt cake which I 
adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe.



This is a classic 3 egg butter cake jazzed up with the addition of some almond meal and a few spoons of orange marmalade. 



Here's the recipe for you which makes a medium bundt cake or a 20cm cake. For all my recipes I use a 250 ml cup, a 20 ml tablespoon, unsalted butter and 60 g eggs. My oven is a conventional oven so if you have a fan-forced oven you may need to reduce the temperature by 20ºC. If you bake the cake in a round tin, it will take about 10 more minutes to bake.



Orange Marmalade Bundt Cake – adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe.
Ingredients
150 g unsalted butter (at room temperature) plus extra for greasing
135 -150g caster sugar
1 large orange, rind grated and juiced to make 60 mls
2 tablespoons marmalade
3 large eggs
150 g self-raising flour
⅓ cup almond meal
Pinch sea salt

Method
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a medium size Bundt tin and place in the fridge.

Cream the butter, caster sugar and rind until pale and fluffy, then beat in the marmalade, followed by the eggs. Fold in the flour, ground almonds and a pinch of sea salt then fold through all the juice.

Carefully spoon the cake batter into the tin. Place in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden and firm to touch. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out the cake onto a cooling rack. Cool then lightly dust with icing sugar before serving.


The uncooked batter tasted delicious so I knew the cake was going to be a winner and it was. It had a lovely orange flavour and a perfect crumb. If you like a sweeter cake, then increase the sugar to 150 grams.



See you all again next week with some more baking from my kitchen (or Dad's).

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.