SLIDER

Rhubarb Frangipane Tart

I don't make jam very often as I rarely eat it. I've always been a vegemite on toast girl. In the past, I've made cherry jam which was delicious, plum jam which I overcooked so it was closer to toffee than jam and peach and passionfruit jam - but it was some time ago.


As it's rhubarb season here I decided to make a rhubarb frangipane tart but first I had to make some rhubarb jam. I used a Skye Gyngell recipe that I found online and made a half batch. It seemed to work out okay but I wasn't planning to make the tart for another week.


A week later I made a batch of almond pastry, some oven baked rhubarb flavoured with orange and a 2 egg vanilla frangipane mixture and proceeded to construct the tart. I carefully measured and cut the rhubarb to fit the dimensions of the tart but you could always serve the oven baked rhubarb on the side. When the tart was baked I glazed the rhubarb with some apricot jam, which was the only item not in my cupboard so at 10.00 a.m. on Sunday I was standing in the queue at the supermarket. I took the tart into work on Monday and the verdict?


You can always tell if something is well received by the length of time before it's devoured and the tart disappeared quickly. As I've been away, my piece of tart has been waiting for me in the freezer. I tasted the tart last night when I arrived home and it's a beauty. The tang of the rhubarb and grapefruit jam is balanced by the vanilla frangipane filling. And the best news? I still have half a piece left for my dessert tonight.

I've had the day off and it's been a busy one. Back to work for me tomorrow,
Bye for now,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.