SLIDER

Collector

Collector is such a sweet little place that time forgot. I drove through Collector last year so I could have lunch at the Lynwood Cafe 


As I'd had such a large breakfast that morning, I had no plans to lunch there on this occasion but I thought I'd take a few photos. When I drove past the restaurant it was shut but it had a look of finality about it. I figured it looked more shut down than 'we've taken the Long Weekend off' kind of shut down.


When I checked the website I discovered the Cafe closed for good last August, which means apart from 1 pub, Collector has no general store, no cafe, no petrol station, no nothing!


Undaunted, I roamed around the little village. I found 3 churches of differing denominations, with little graveyards attached. I didn't have time to visit them all but was enchanted by the Uniting Church. The graveyard was watched over by a beautiful apple tree.




I hope to return sometime soon so I can finish my ramble around the town but knowing my schedule it will probably be January 2011.



I'm not sure I'll be posting on Friday but check back on Sunday for a sweet little Valentine's Day treat,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.