SLIDER

pronto - pasta with peas and ricotta

I was wondering what I should write about tonight and decided upon this quick and easy pasta sauce recipe. I've been making this Marcella Hazan ricotta with spinach pasta sauce for years. I was looking through the freezer and didn't have any frozen spinach left but found some peas. I found this recipe on the next page in the book, The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking, one that I'd overlooked for years.

jillian leiboff imaging,sydney,food photography,marcella hazan,pasta with peas and ricotta

Once again the recipe has just a few key ingredients and takes almost no time to put together, so it's a perfect end of the week meal. I don't eat bacon so I used a few pieces of beef pastrami in the recipe in its place and it was absolutely delicious. You'll need to hold back a few tablespoons of the cooking water to loosen the sauce. 



I'm glad the weekend has finally arrived as it's been another busy week here with work and a trip to see the Sydney Dance Company's performance of Shared Frequencies. The highlight of which was LANDforms starring the voice of Katie Noonan. I've also been struggling a bit with the end of daylight saving. My body clock just refuses to budge and there's nothing like waking up 1 hour and 30 minutes earlier than one needs to. My gym attendance has suffered so I'll have to do a few catch up classes during the weekend. 

I hope you all had great weeks and I'll see you again on Monday,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.