SLIDER

michele varian shopshoot

When I was planning my trip to New York, I asked Holly from the blog decor8 for some shopshoot suggestions. Her first suggestion was Michele Varian's shop in New York's Soho district. Sydney is a long way from New York and I confess to not being familiar with Michele and her work, so I checked the website to get an idea of what her shop was all about. I was heartened by what I saw and we made a date.



As I walked towards the shop I found Howard Street blocked to traffic. The street was lined with trailers and lots of important looking people walked by carrying clipboards and loud hailers. A tv show was being filmed. 



What did I find inside? An enticing mix of Michele's signature cushions and new line of wallpaper, vintage furniture, lighting, gifts and artwork.



The front of the shop is quite dark and moody.



I just love the chalkboard globe and the delicate glassware.



The mood lightens as you move towards the rear of the store to the colourful display of cushions.



Don't you just love the vibrant colours?



Some of the delicate jewellery Michele stocks.



Many thanks to Michele for being so welcoming and allowing me to photograph her lovely store. Her store can be found at 27 Howard Street in New York. 

If you'd like to know more about Michele please read this Q & A on decor8.

See you all again next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Thanks for these wonderful photos. I love this shop, but since I'm quite far away, this is the only way I get to see inside, for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura,

    the shop was a real delight as was Michele,

    J

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.