SLIDER

london




I always enjoy my time in London and if I can, I try to explore new districts. This time I stayed in a flat just around the corner from the Columbia Road Flower Markets in Bethnal Green and chose to explore Hampstead.




I arrived just before closing time and as most shops along Columbia Road are only open Friday to Sunday, I raced down there.



I spied this gorgeous shop, Mason and Painter and quickly took a few photos.



I've been looking to add some more green accents to my own flat. The shop gave me some inspiration though I've already got the succulents in terracotta vibe happening.



It was so quiet when I visited the same area just a few days later.



I took an early morning walk to the Geffrye Museum, currently closed for renovation.



Then I sauntered through Shoreditch and Spitalfields.



More doorway love.



I had to revisit Labour and Wait.



I love all their goods and came home with a little something for my kitchen but I particularly love those green tiles.



Then I headed over to Covent Garden.



The obligatory Australian street performer.



The beautiful St Paul's Church garden tended by a mature gardener.



It was a splendid spring day.



The next day was going to be the best weather of my stay so I headed over to Hampstead to ramble the heath and to visit Kenwood House.



The house is surrounded by the most marvellous garden, overlooking a lake.



There is also a garden shop and cafe in the grounds.



There were also splashes of colour amongst the green.



Some more pastoral scenes.



I walked across the heath towards Hampstead but actually I was headed to Highgate. Eventually I turned around and headed in the correct direction.





The obligatory flower shop.



Hampstead village is lovely but those prices!



The next day was bit dreary so I galleried and window shopped.



I was particularly taken with Skandium's garden area.



My last stop was Exmouth Market for a spot of lunch.



That's all from my short visit to London. Next time I'll share some photos from Genoa.

See you all again soon.

Bye for now,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.